- Student loans for undergraduate and graduate.
- Refinance student loans for former students.
- Can apply with & without a cosigner; cosigner release offered.
- 10, 15, 20 year repayment terms.
- Student Loan Rates: Variable Rates - 3.77% – 9.20%
- Refinance Rates: Variable Rates – 3.82% – 9.72% Fixed Rates – 4.65% – 8.84%.
- No origination fees or prepayment penalties.
I-Help started in 2009, and allows students and parents to take out loans to pay for college, as well as refinance student loans for people that have already graduated. i-Help operates by pairing people who need loans (new or refinancing) with community banks that can lend the money. I-Help is administered by the Reunion Student Loan Finance Corporation (RSLFC) and sponsored by the Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA). Loans are funded by an i-HELP originating lender (community bank).
- Repayment Options – The amount of repayment options allows you to customize your repayment plan to your specific situation.
- Can apply with & without a cosigner.
- Quick Application Process - You can apply in a few minutes.
- Rates – Depending on your credit or your cosigner's credit, you may not get your desired rate.
How to get started with iHelp
You can get started with iHelp through their online process. Remember, when you get a rate estimate from a lender, this involves a 'soft credit' check, which will not affect your credit score. When you decide to actually apply for a loan, the lender will do a hard credit pull which will slightly affect your credit score.
Documents you'll need for when applying to most lenders:
- Government ID (passport, driver's license, green card).
- Income verification (if applicable); this can include pay stubs, W-2's, etc.
- Social Security number.
Student Lender Reviews
Student Loan Resources